November 2008 - A full evening length piece created in celebration of SEAD(Salzburg Experiemental Academy of Dance) 15 year aniversary.
The piece showcased all 120 students of the school and was performed on November 27 at the Republic Theater.
Education, evolution, progress and communication were key words for the creation of this piece, issues that dancers face every day. We look back to move forward, we gather our experiences to become better, we share our thoughts to learn from one another, we remember special moments that make us who we are, so we can appreciate what we have and connect to the people around us.
On My Own
a male trio Danced by Antonio ramos, Adrian Clark and Ori Flomin.
In the Company Of Men, Dandce New Amsterdam, May 2008
DanceNow the festival at DTW, September 2007
Moveent research at the Judson church, January 2007
This piece is inspired by a look back to the Flomin's early dance influences and inspirations and how he views them now as a mature dancer/choreographer. It's driven from the contrast between abstract and literal dance, with a sparkly wink at old dance cliches.
A piece for 13 dancers exploring the entity and unity of the individual and group and how each individual is a unique being that is connected to a unique universe.
Performed by Studetns of SEAD((Salzburg Experiemental Academy of Dance)
a duet danced by Amanda Wells and Ori Flomin presented at DanceMopolitan, Joes pub, June2007. This piece was part of the Petronio reunion show, Heros and Villans.
A solo performed by Ori Flomin and created for the US/Japan artist exchange program sponsered by Dance Theater Workshop and the Japan society.
Performed throughout the US and Japan January March 2005
This solo explores the body's shifting landscape through life stages, the tension between resistance and natural physical decline.
A male quartet performed at DTW's Split Stream, November 2003
With an Original score by Guy Yarden The piece is about communication and discumunication in the age of advanced technology and multi tasking. How we try to do too many things at once and are sometimes unable to actually achieve anything.
* Room for Hesitation - Duet performed by Antonio ramos and Ori Flomin at the Provincetown Dance Festival. October 2008.
* Until we Meet again - A piece for 9 dancers created for students at DNA summer intensive program. July 2008.
* The rain falls and the sky Shudder a piece for 12 Dancers. Performed by Students of SEAD. May 2008.
* Maybe A piece for 9 dancers created for students at DNA summer intensive program. July 2006.
* Walking city, Standing square a piece for 16 dancers created for the Barnard project at DTW. November 2005.
* Closer Moon A Piece for 18 dancers created for students at SEAD, Austria.
* Something from another place - a piece for 16 dancers, created for students at SEAD, Austria. May 2003.
* Comfort zone 1 - a duet performed by Steven Fetherhuf and Ori Flomin at DanceTheatre Workshop, Fresh Tracks. December 2002.
* Lost before found - a duet in collaboration with Antonio Ramos performed at PS 122, New stuff. October 2002, Joyce Soho presents May 2005.
*I can't remember what I forgot - a piece for 11 dancers, created for students at SEAD, Austria, May 2002.